Thursday, November 26, 2009

Today's my granddad's death anniversary.
It's been two years now.

I still can remember what happened on that day.
I was woken up by my mom at three a.m in the morning. I opened my eyes, I saw her crying.
She told me that my driver (in Indonesia) phoned her, informing her that my granddad passed away.

It took me a few minutes to figure out what she said and I broke into tears. I took me a few hours to stop crying, but I cried again and again. I cried at home, inside the taxi, at the airport and.. I also cried inside the plane.

It was sad, really. I took the seven a.m flight to Jakarta, we couldn't get the flight to Bandung. I would only take 2-3 hours drive from Bandung to my kampung, but it will take 5-7hours of driving from Jakarta. Isshh.

We arrived in my dad's hometown at six p.m-ish. We drove straight to the location of my granddad's grave. Again, I couldn't help myself, I couldn't control my emotions and I couldn't control my tears.

I also remember the time my cousin and I were sitting on top of a piled chairs, our presence was walled by the shadow of the night, listening to people praying and stuff. My cousin and I talked about our childhood memories and our memories with our grandpa .. we took a long pause, we started crying.. We loooooove our grandpa, he's the best yo! :p

I had the chance of talking to him on the phone 12hours before his death, he was totally fine. I heard my dad and my grandpa joked about some things, I heard him laugh as if he was not sick. My driver also told me that my grandpa was just doing fine 2 hours before he left us, he watch football matched on the TV, drank tea and stuff.

My driver saw him passed away, my granddad was praying and praising the God and then.. yes. I feel relieved upon hearing how he had passed away - he didn't have to suffer on anything, his asthma, even.

0 comments:

Post a Comment